Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Random Musings

First I thought of writing about a few of my favourite cartoons like Calvin, Animal Crackers, Glasbergen, Art Mangosi's work, etc. Then I thought how people end up becoming friends discovering common interests and raving about them. For example, most people who did their college life through hostels always talk about the good old days.

Similarly people who quiz for ex, (yours truly being an ardent quizzer) bond like crazy in pubs and coffee bars.

In fact I have formed lots of friendships hinging on coffee alone.

Currently I am looking for people who swear by Absolut Vodka. My boss has a ready collection of about 6 different flavours at any point in time.

Nice man to know.

Similarly for a long time in life, I was hooked onto Catcher in the Rye and used to read it almost every week.

Then I discovered there are other good books like The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck. although I
still carry my copy of TCITR.

Just like I have used the Oscar nominations (not just the winners) to pick my movies, I have, of late begun using the Man Booker prize winners to buy new books.

The last two I bought were the Life of Pi and Vernon God Little.

Both are excellent books

While on the subject of favourite things, I have always loved pure text web pages and hence love google for the sheer simplicity of presentations.

Even during my management course, while most people used fancy templates and got good marks for presentations, I stuck to white background with Comic Sans MS fon size 8 or the White on Black background sometimes.

I shall soon write something which is more well knit

I replaced my webpage reference on orkut. So here are my pics http://photos.yahoo.com/dhammod
Bye
Dhammo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home