Sunday, February 12, 2006

Last Day in Bangalore, First Day in Madras!

What a day!
First we have the 14 km race by RFL in which we came joint 3rd alongwith the incredible finisher Farah, who has now more or less become our partner for the last few races. We run at the same pace and she does exactly what we cannot do, which is finish well! For the record, our timing was 1 hr 8 min 54 sec.

And then Vetcha Boy, Vijay & Bhasker present an incredibly generous gift of the Ultimate Running Guide published by Runners World, after the race! That was like whoah! I am actually on record for having shrieked with delight! I mean, does it get any better than this!? May Arvind give away 4 coffees next Jan! Or maybe 5 incl Deepak...

Have taken pics of the club and all the runners today. Will post asap. Could not take up Viji on her offer of breakfast today as we had not begun packing! Took along friend and his wife to the event and they were suitably energized to run in the next race. We hope to be there too. Viva RFL!

I am on seat 1F on my ATR flight of Jet Airways.This is my 1st ever seat on row 1. Not all that an event, considering that the flight is really small! But my copassenger is an interesting businessman from Madras, is older than my dad and runs his own power systems company. Since I had begun reading the above in right earnest, it attractes his attention and I spent most of the flight discussing running, my diet, his being diabetic, ... Bangalore and its roads, upsides to Madras, accommodation in Madras,... Even the airhostess listened attentively whenever she found the time to stand by our seats!

In the end, he apologized for not having introduced himself, did so, when I realized when I had not told him my name! With that out of the way, he gave me his card.

We landed in Madras and the luggage took its own time in arriving. But then on, everything was a breeze. Prepaid taxi driver was silent till he said, 'Thank you' when I gave him the receipt and left promptly. Hotel check in was also accomplished with minimum fuss and we have a cool room with a neat writing desk! How cool is that. And we have books to read as well. Doing all this from a Sify cybercafe near the hotel.

More when we return to the net!

4 Comments:

Blogger ecophilo said...

hey, so you quit and are in chennai is it? was thinking we could catch up in this years beq...

2/13/2006 11:43 PM  
Blogger D said...

Arif, thankoos. I have myself learnt most of it from others by watching after races. Earlier I used to just endure the pain! Just keep running. You will not only cross me, but do really well.

Neel aka Neal ;)You crack the Bangalore round and I shall crack the Chennai round! And we can easily meet in Bombay for the all India finals!

2/14/2006 1:26 AM  
Blogger zaph said...

who the fuck is "we". do i assume the inevitable has happened, and your dormant personality disorders are manifesting themselves in the form of this imaginary companion?

2/14/2006 3:56 PM  
Blogger Senthil said...

Ah. For a moment I thought you're in Chennai for yet another marathon. The scales fell from my eyes after I read the house-hunting part. Then again, with you, one can never be sure...

2/20/2006 5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home