Monday, April 24, 2006

Made my day

What all does one want on a Sunday?

One nice run.
One nice quiz (maybe two! ;))
Michael to start on pole.
Michael to take chequered flag.
Some nice coffee...
One nice crossword...
One nice book...

Managed to get 5 of the above 7 done. Not bad, I guess. But then, we do 5 of the 7 above anyways! This Sunday, Schumi chipped in to compensate for the missed run and the quiz. Thanks Schumi.

The rest of the story ...
Last Sunday, I was sitting in the Barista at Banjara Hills having my regular coffee and doing my crossword, when someone approached me at my table and asked if I was from REC Trichy. Now we are very passionate about being from where we are and were totally kicked. Turns out that the guy was my senior from college by one year and is now in Hyd. The best part is that he had found me from here Small world, eh? There are other people who read my blog!?

We caught up on life for so much time, we had to move to another outlet named Ofen, which serves continental food and also has coffee.

I was partially feeling down due to not having made his quiz, the quizzes in our baby Bangalore and another lone wolf quiz in Chennai by QFI (for some reason, I have not managed to attend a single QFI meeting yet). But most of the feeling down was due to our missing the RFL monthly run for the 1st time in a long time :( I did take it out on the treadmill in the gym, but then running in a gym is not the same as running a road race. But then we make our choices and live with them. And then life has its share of surprises to cheer you up.

Its always nice to meet someone from a part of life, from which you have fond memories. I guess the pleasure is doubled when it is accidental like this one was. So much for Viggyboy who made my day alongwith Michael and Mr. Carroll (just finished the Alice) That is not bad company either.

1 Comments:

Blogger Arbit said...

SO did you miss the run? ;)

4/27/2006 1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home