Thursday, August 24, 2006

Untitled happiness

Occasionally life rewards you with something that you least anticipated and most importantly, when you least expected it. I managed to renew links with someone who was my closest friend and confidante for a good part of my early life, but who I lost touch with for what was then a serious mishap in our lives.

He was the one I played football with. His house had all the comics and books I read as a kid. Sometimes I feel that I read more of his books than he did! We walked home from school as kids, then cycled home (when we acquired bicycles). We were thick as thieves and were fiercely attached to each other. Phew!
How kicked am I?!

Incredibly so. Which is why this post beats several others which are still waiting, (atleast some of which I should manage to pull off before the weekend).
God is merciful. Life is a long series of short cheap thrills as I never fail to remind myself.

5 Comments:

Blogger dya said...

Absolutely agree and understand...though the thrills of meeting a long lost buddy are hardly "cheap"..Hope you manage to stay connected with him, at least this time on!

8/25/2006 3:53 AM  
Blogger D said...

:)
The distinction here is that I spoke to him after 12 yrs! And he wasn't lost. We had chosen not to speak!

8/25/2006 3:58 AM  
Blogger dya said...

:(
Fighter-cocks!BTW,I am in your favorite city..not so rocking,like Chennapatna anyday!

8/25/2006 4:06 AM  
Blogger D said...

Bangalore is my favourite city.
Bombay is next.
Not sure that is what you think.
If you are in Blr, we could even meet t'row!

8/25/2006 4:14 AM  
Blogger Vikram said...

So who is this friend that you met? Just curious...

By the way, DNG is in Pune at the moment.

8/30/2006 1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home