Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ashes to Dust...

Work has completely assumed control of my life.
However running boring laps around Shivaji Park has resulted in some sanity being maintained...

My reading target for the year is now off. I will be lucky if I hit 20 books for the year as opposed to the ambitious target I set for myself last year.

But I have been reading funny stuff like this one -> "...the pitch lasted as long as a celebrity marriage ..." by Roebuck. While he is biased towards the Ozzies mostly, he does write sterling stuff such as this -> "...And it is rare for an Australian captain to be allowed to keep playing once he has stood down. Other countries may field several former captains in their line-ups but that is not the antipodean way. Ponting knows that resignation and retirement are closely intertwined..."

I rarely write about cricket, but do watch some once in a while, especially when some landmark sporting event is underway such as the English win in this year's Ashes. But I do read Roebuck quite a bit, for writing such as the above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home