Thursday, March 17, 2011

Librarian Invasions

Triumph and Tragedy in Mudville (A Lifelong Passion for Baseball) by Stephen Jay Gould

Striders (Running through history with an unlikely athlete) by Benjamin Cheever

Frank Shorter's Running for Peak Performance

The Perfect Mile by Neal Bascomb

Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett (a book I began reading in India, but didn't have time to finish)

Once a Runner by John Parker (a true classic as per everyone!)

Four Minutes (ESPN documentary on the first 4 minute mile and Bannister)

 

were all borrowed from a public library in a frenzied sortie. Looks like 20B20W will get done way ahead of schedule. So I thought I might as well have some fun while I am at it. And I had gone there to return the last four books I read :)

Am already more than halfway through Parker's work, which is entertaining reading, especially written with the empathy of an accomplished athlete that Parker was. This is the second work of 'art' on running by a former athlete that I have enjoyed, the first one being Saint Ralph directed by one awesome runner, Michael McGowan (sometime winner of "Round the Bay Race" and the Detroit Free Press Marathon)

P.S.The title of this post is gibberish if you haven't realized already, with a nod to the title of that awesome French movie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home