Monday, March 18, 2013

Not a walk in the park

This morning as I was out for a morning run in a local park, some random guy walking in the opposite direction said to me, "Pant hakkondu odi... (...wear trousers and run...)" Since I processed this only after I passed him, I turned back and asked him who he was. He said his name was Anand and tried to shake hands. I kept away and asked him why I should do that. He said, "...hennu makkalu nimma thode nodidre work out aagalla.." (...if girls see your thighs, things will not be fine...). I told him that I hadn't asked him for any suggestions and then continued running.

In 11+ years of running, this is the first time someone (and that too a complete stranger) has commented on my running attire and that too, a guy!

It irritated me so much that I ended up running the rest of my run much faster than needed and this "Anand" continued to walk in the same park and I saw him a few more times and he kept to himself.

It is surely a sign of the times that people feel that they can comment on what you wear. And this is a guy saying this to another. I can only commiserate with the women of our country who have to deal with such dimwits everyday. Our country is doomed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nikhil said...

Sad state of affairs..

3/28/2013 1:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ಯಪ್ಪಾ ನಂಬಕ್ಕೆ ಆಗಲ್ಲ, ಇಂಥ ಕೆಟ್ ಜನ ನಮ್ಮ ಬೆಂಗಳೂರಿನಲ್ಲಿ

1/03/2014 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home