Sunday, August 08, 2004

Women

My best buddy and I were discussing about a series called "Coupling" which airs in the US, about a group of 3 men and 3 women all of whom have had a romantic link in the past. This led to a discussion on whether you could "hit on" your best friend's girlfriend if you found her interesting. I mean most people from my kind of background would find it taboo and besides fantasizing about your best pal's girl is not exactly the heart of our value system!

This prompted me to pen down what we look for, in women. Although most men in the universe have sex on their minds for a significant time of their lives, it is not the activity that neither men nor women can indulge in for most of their active lives. Atleast my group of people agrees on this and hence most of the women we have found attractive have always been interesting women and not always for their physical attributes. Not to say that we ignore them, but only to say that we are not fixated.

Just as an aside, if interface were the only important thing, most of the world's mission critical applications would run on Windows!

I believe that the cerebral woman affords a man a challenging partner across the coffee table. If you sat down to discuss whether Van Gogh was insane since he bit off his friend's ear, the least you would expect is that your woman would know that he did!

If you wanted to go on a walk on a trip to Ladakh you would want her to share your passion for walking in the mountains soaking in the air quite unlike what we get in the cities these days, except dear old Bangalore!

If you felt like taking a vacation in Europe retracing the Tour de France, she would know that its amongst mankind's most romantic challenges of physical and mental endurance.

It is not being informed alone, it is sharing the passion and the ability to recreate the same light in the other's eyes that one carries, about things one knows and perhaps more importantly, about things one doesn't.

I have met very few guys whose best friends were women and would safely make this assumption, that it holds that till one's marriage, one's best friend is probably a guy. I would also expect that most guys earnestly hope that their girlfriends or wives end up taking up that place.

I have had the good fortune of having women as my best friends for more than 2/3rds of my life and also having several interesting experiences while trying to find a girlfriend!

One expects the world out of one's woman in life. Is it fair? I guess so. Who doesn't want everything?!

What does life churn out? I suppose that once one finds his woman in life, she means the world to him and hence QED.

And about the woman in my life? When I am done with this life, I shall write down my first blog of my afterlife!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nimbus said...

"I believe that the cerebral woman affords a man a challenging partner across the coffee table. If you sat down to discuss whether Van Gogh was insane since he bit off his friend's ear, the least you would expect is that your woman would know that he did!"

A cerebral woman would perhaps discuss Van Gogh with you, but she'd also be able to correct you --- he did not bite off his friend's ear, he sliced off his own. But then again, perhaps your idea of a cerebral woman is different. Or its simply a different Van Gogh we're talking about.

8/11/2004 2:49 PM  
Blogger Tagad_Tale said...

I don't know what I like better. The post or the comment! Awesome stuff.

4/10/2005 1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home