Sunday, December 18, 2005

Bangalore Half Marathon

1 hr 48 min.
This one was called the JSW Half Marathon.
Was a great race till about 17 to 18 km when I was pacing one of my RFL runners. We had taken about 1 hr 22 min. And then my strength ran out. Had to drop pace and eat humble pie. The race was mostly a forgettable experience since the route was the same as an earlier race. Trucks, Diesel smoke, etc all of which make the experience irritating quite literally since my eyes water and turn reddish. The less said about the organizers, the better.

But running-wise was great fun, as I ran along with someone for most of the race and at around the same pace. This is a great help.

I am a little disappointed as I had planned to overhaul my Hyd timing since the weather was really cool. Race clearly showed my lack of training as my strength did not last and after a long time, weak shoulders returned to haunt me. This was a little surprising since I did not expect to be bothered by them in a half marathon. Anyways, more reason to resume training.

Mum bhai beckons!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger sathish said...

hey, even i was there for the half marathon... i tuk about 30mins more than u tuk... but still i thought was better since i did not have enuf practise..
was the hyd marathon ur first??

12/19/2005 8:22 PM  
Blogger D said...

no it was not. i have done mumbai half in 2004, full in 2005 and a few other races with Runners For Life.

12/19/2005 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home