Saturday, July 22, 2006

Tour De France 2006

Floyd Landis may win the TDF this year after an excellent time trial today

The very fact that I didn't make any posts (although I did watch it daily) was that friends who followed it last year along with me, didn't. Hence I really didn't know who else would be interested.

Besides I myself didn't watch the full races except for the time trials, catching only the last two hours or so on most days.

Although the performance has been below the levels of what Vino, Basso, Jan and Lance did last year, it has still been quite a race.

The Discovery team was way below par this year, including Popovych who promised much last year with a white jersey. Damiano Cunego who was in white today might do better in the future.

And wait for Vino next year!

Personally, I think the T-Mobile team did take a gamble by pushing Kloden, but he did reward them handsomely with today's result. And Rasmussen just refuses to lose the King of The Mountains. We want a polka dot jersey too, We rather like the sound of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home