Saturday, September 16, 2006

How to spend a weekend in Bangalore

Staying On by Paul Scott
Scoop by Evelyn Waugh
Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh
The Barber of Seville and The Marriage of Figaro by Beaumarchais
Agee on Film by James Agee
Movies and Money by David Puttnam
Of Mice and Magic by Leonard Maltin

(The last mentioned is a history of American animated cartoons).

The above 7 books just walked into my arms today. How could I refuse?!

Mysteriously, they displaced some money equal in value (or perhaps less) out of my wallet. Archimedes was right. Eureka!

Also attended the book quiz, which my team missed by 1 point! :( Sat thru the finals anyways. Was good fun.

Attended a solo quiz where I was the only one to get 2 questions. Its another thing that I got not too many more than 2 questions :( Thankfully they didn't announce the results.

Got run over in the open quiz and hence decided to take a walk along MG Road, when the books above sprung upon me...

And the weekend is still not over. There's the run t'row. More when I finish it. Already feeling very cozy in the new FREE members only Tshirt from RFL...

More when I come back from the run.

2 Comments:

Blogger dya said...

...and to extend that purrfect weekend..take them books to one of those parks in the city.Lalbagh, I hear...pick your favorite tree, or bench-and now read 'em lovelies basking in the benign sunshine.

.Bliss.

9/18/2006 9:09 AM  
Blogger D said...

hmm... hmm...boo hoo, we are back in Hyd now. But then KBR is not a bad place to read either...

9/18/2006 12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home