Sunday, May 20, 2007

Bangalore Midnight Marathon

What was proclaimed to be the world's first midnight marathon did happen y'day in Bangalore. Yours truly ran in the half marathon.

Dismal performance at 1 hr :53 min which is the level I was at more than a year ago.
For the first time, I had stomach cramps when I was doing well :(

Although I did pace one of my club's star runners for almost 3 laps, I broke down in the 4th due to the cramps.

Worse still, I ended up feeling nauseous post race as all the fluid I had taken in the last two laps. Further, since I had had a late lunch at 5 pm on the previous day, I had skipped dinner and had an energy bar instead with bananas as food before the race.The nausea eventually resulted in my puking all the fluids (and thankfully fluids only) post race.

Guess I did a good thing by staying off the full marathon. But I still need a lot of strength training to make sure my shoulders don't hurt again. Also I need to be able to sustain strong starts in the future as I try to reach for my target.

What can't kill me makes me stronger. Hope so. My average HR for the race was 185 bpm!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home