Tuesday, May 20, 2008

How I had Paul Tergat behind me!


Last Sat, I had the privilege of meeting Paul Tergat, the man who held the world marathon record until a few months ago, thanks to my running club (RFL) and Nike.

I will expand on this post soon and also post pics (to show how Paul was really standing behind me in a pic!), but didn't want to forget posting on it.

Paul has a reputation for being remarkably humble. He spoke of his starting running relatively late in life for a pro and then his journey. He also talked about how he wanted to be an engineer while he was growing up! He also gave us tips on how to make the jump from our current 4 hr levels to say a 3 hr level.

My planned sabbatical will come sooner now, I guess

Update: Pic is up!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

awesome - paul tergat is big! good luck with your cutting it down to 3 hrs! I don't think I'll ever be tempted by a marathon, but am doing some (minor) running these days - around 3 kms every time I go to the gym.

heard we scored the same on the Mahaquizzer :)

5/20/2008 10:19 AM  
Blogger manoj said...

Hey D,
If you see the pic somemore, you will notice how I put both D and Paul behind me ;)

5/26/2008 4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home