Monday, July 28, 2008

Mission Boston: the beginning

I started running about 7 years ago. I ran the inaugural Bombay Half Marathon in 2004. I had never run beyond 8 km before that. I ran the Bombay Marathon in 2005 (when I had run a maximum of 26 km in training) and have run it every year since then. Ever since I began running seriously which is to say, since I realized that marathons are serious business after my 1st one, I have wanted to exceed personal milestones, each time I run.

Starting sometime later this year, I shall attempt to qualify for the Boston Marathon. The qualifying time for my age group is 3 hr 10 min. To borrow part of a quote from The Gladiator, I shall do everything I can to meet that "... in this life or the next"

This new set of posts will attempt to document my journey to get there.

I intend to take time off work and train hard. Will need a lot of help getting there. All advice is welcome, especially of the running sort.

There is also a plan to retrace part of the Tour De France on a bicycle sometime in the next few years along with a buddy, but that will wait till Boston is done with.

Wish me luck (I might even need your money!)

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Shantanu said...

Best of Luck Dharam!!

7/28/2008 7:31 PM  
Blogger manoj said...

Truly inspired! Pardon me if I end up sharing this everyone I know.. I promise never to say no if you want me to accompany you on any of your slower, easy runs :)

Gud Luc anna

7/29/2008 3:52 AM  
Blogger Quizman said...

Good luck, man!.

For motivation, read this article

7/29/2008 1:15 PM  
Blogger zaph said...

i'm game for the tour

7/30/2008 7:37 AM  
Blogger D said...

thanks Shantanu.
Manoj, anytime!
Quizman, thank you.
Zaph, good. now get a cycle and also pay my airfare!

7/31/2008 9:09 AM  
Blogger meghsuds said...

Hi Dharam,
I think you will definitely do well

-Meghana

8/01/2008 12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home