Sunday, November 23, 2008

I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike...

After a long time, I did a long ride. In fact this is the longest that I have done on my bike, bought last year.
Did a little over 50 miles today on a ride with 3 other pals to a place called Chikka Tirupati and back. Took around 6.5 hrs incl time spent in having breakfast/resting. I reckon we did about 5:45 or so of cycling.
This is my 3rd longest ride (I did my longest rides in school) till date. And I hadn't ridden so much on a bike for about 15 years now.
Took my mind off my stupid injury and it is not like this is easy, but I am very happy and comfortable riding a cycle.
And there's good news on that front too. Turns out I don't have enough GMD or medically speaking, my gluteus maximus is weak! So I going to work on that as well. You can now say I am working my butt off :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Quizman said...

Great! 50 miles is good.

Hope you got your bike fitted.
See http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/fitting.htm or http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/sport/a/bikefit.htm

11/24/2008 10:30 AM  
Blogger D said...

Thanks Quizman.
The posts at those links are very detailed.
I got my bikes fitted at www.bumsonthesaddle.com

They do a decent job

11/24/2008 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home