Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ijaazat

Excellent movie. Outstanding music (RDB). Heartwarming lyrics by Gulzar of course!
Difficult to believe that the entire soundtrack is sung by just 1 playback singer - Asha Bhosle.

And I was right about my crush on Anuradha Patel's character when I first mentioned her here.
If I had seen Ijaazat before JTYJN, I am sure I would have had a bigger crush on her ;) Beautiful woman.

And the Kapoor khandaan lends two of its fine specimens to the effort, to round off a nice starcast. Naseeruddin Shah wears some nice clothes. (Who said arty movies had to be dull?)

And the movie is 21 years old! Whoah!

I have but no choice to hum Mera kuch saamaan (which I had heard before of course, but I had never seen the movie in full)... The Moser Baer DVD I bought has some commentary on it (with atleast 1 typo!) which says the movie has feminist content. It may, but what I saw felt like a romantic movie to watch on a nice weekend.

Go watch it, if you haven't.

Also Socha na Tha earlier in the day as someone had recommended it. Slightly unpolished movie, but welcome watch from the usual trash that passes for movies these days.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Did you watch the movie before, or after posting the song to Facebook? I'd heard the song before and loved it, but never seen the video. The video kinda told the whole story, so I HAD to watch the movie right away. Saw it with a friend who thought she'd seen romantic movies, but obviously hadn't. This one goes up in my list of romantic movies right there with Casablanca and English Patient. Thanks for posting the video on FB.

I'll be hunting down Gulzar movies now and watching them sequentially.

2/10/2010 11:46 PM  
Blogger D said...

After.
The pleasure is all mine. I am a sucker for such romance. Hope you have seen Up in the Air. Nice bitter sweet ending

2/11/2010 5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home