Friday, February 18, 2011

Hullabaloo in the Car Park

So for all the hysteria surrounding Toyota's problems, it doesn't seem like there was much wrong with the cars or electronics. Clearly the company didn't handle its PR well in the aftermath of some tragic accidents. But did they deserve a such hefty penalty? Would they have imposed such a high fine had it been an American manufacturer?

So will they refund the $48+ mn fine to Toyota?

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/nasalife/features/nesc-toyota-study.html

Also how come the media coverage is not so extensive this time round? Should Toyota mount lawsuits against almost everyone now?

Read John Shook's letter to the lean community here http://www.lean.org/common/display/?o=1754

Full Disclosure: I don't own or drive a Toyota. In fact I have a Hyundai small car which I drive only when I am in Bangalore. I am just an admirer of the Toyota Production System and try to pass off as a lean thinking adherent. And this post is made voluntarily although I wish I were able to afford a Lexus ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home