Thursday, December 30, 2010

Books in 2010

Each year since 2007, I have set myself a target of reading a book a
week and gotten about 60% of the way, except for the last year. Due to
work and some exigencies in this year, didn't manage to even hit 50%
of the target. One of the main reasons was that this year, I didn't
listen to a single audio book, which contributed in great measure to
getting books 'read' in the previous years. It is also embarrassing to
note that 6 of the 23 were books I had to review, although "At Home"
was a welcome book to review. Hope to remedy this in the coming year
with an aggressive 40 book target for the 5 months I aim to be in the
US on my sabbatical. Lets see.

The following were the books I read in 2010 in chronological order

Understanding Children as Consumer (ed. by David Marshall)
Following Fish by Samanth
Talk's Body by David Sudnow
My Year Off by Robert McCrum
The ACE of Soft Skills
Orderly Fashion by Patrick Aspers
Stop me if you have heard this (A History and Philosophy of Jokes) by Jim Holt
Paula by Paula Radcliffe
At Home by Bill Bryson
The Art of Captaincy by Mike Brearley
Making Movies by Sidney Lumet
Bengaluru, Bangalore, Bengaluru
Making Ideas Happen by Scott Belsky
Everyone Communicates Few Connect by John Maxwell
England England by Julian Barnes
City of Djinns by William Dalrymple
Terrors of the Table by Walter Gratzer
Open by Andre Agassi
How Proust can change your life by Alain de Botton
Measuring the World by Daniel Kehlmann
Mother Tongue by Bill Bryson
Brain Men by Markus Berkmann
Making Money by Terry Pratchett

1 Comments:

Blogger Athreya said...

You may like "Once a Runner" - John L. Parker. Hope the running's going well.

1/31/2011 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home