Monday, September 26, 2011

Boston 2013 then?

After months of waiting in anticipation, I finally got the one email I was dreading - the email from the BAA regretting that I won't get to run in Boston in April 2012. The cutoff was close - 3:08:46 against my 3:09:46. 
Since I expected this ever since I got a clarification from the BAA on age adjusted timings, I am not exactly devastated. But nothing in a long time has been this disappointing.
After all I quit my job expecting this.

There are so many ifs.

And I am in some illustrious company. There are some unlucky souls who missed by seconds vs. my margin of exactly a minute.

Guess I will need to lace up and set a PB next year to make sure I get into the 2013 list. I have a much better idea now of what it takes to get a confirmed place and not just qualify. It is encouraging now to think 3:10 is no longer my target. So much has changed in less than a year. But still ...

Once I finish sulking I will begin planning for that all important race in 2012. I might even go back to Avenue of the Giants or perhaps New Jersey, both races I have found are good for fast times and favour me.

And both are in May. So I can only pick one of them.

Good Luck to all those who got confirmed places through qualification.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ravi said...

To miss the cut off mark by exactly 60 secs is agonizingly close.

You deserve to run Boston and I hope and pray you make it to next year's run.

All the best!

10/14/2011 10:56 AM  
Blogger D said...

Thank you Ravi.
Will keep my blog updated as and when things happen

10/15/2011 12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home