Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Year of Reading & Writing, Running

Each year by end of year, I write a post in which I just tally up the books I read in that year. This year has been an extraordinary one in my life in more ways than one. So it is almost expected that my reading would reflect that as well.
My previous post lists the books I have read (almost finished 2-3 books towards the end and hence have cheated and counted them as well) thus far in this year.
There are 48 of them. There are 14 weeks left in this year. I expect that I will cross my much cherished target of a book a week, I set years ago.

However there is an additional reason to make this post. If you look thru the list you will notice that quite a few of the books in the first 20 pertain to running. Obviously they were guided by my mission to qualify for the Boston Marathon which I did. They also instilled enough confidence in me to start a career as a running coach. But quite a few of those are also books I receive for review which I do for Business World, which brings me to my other revenue stream - book reviewing. By listing my books, I am also drawing your attention to the fact that I can do book reviews. So if you are the sort looking for reviews for which you will pay, get in touch with me via email. I take about a week after I receive the book to complete a review for a book of around 500 pages or less. We could discuss other terms once you get in touch with me.

For those of you wondering about the other books which have nothing to do with running or ones I received for reviewing, yes I do try and read a fair bit out of sheer love for books.

Voluntary contributions to my retirement fund are also welcome :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home