Friday, September 28, 2012

New books

After quite a break from book-buying and quite honestly, even reading, I went and bought a few books today. The principle of not buying books on my own cash as long as I can, has been maintained thanks to credit card points.

1 much lusted-for book was among the three I bought today -
The Rest is Noise by Alex Ross^
The Dinner by Herman Koch*
Made to Stick by Chip & Dan Heath

Landmark Book store in Forum is in such a state of reorganization right now that it does not seem like the sprawling haunt for books it used to be. I never found the store conducive to reading given the high footfalls but now the book stocks leave much to be desired for.

I couldn't find Jai Arjun's book on JBDY at all! Imagine their biggest store in BLR does not have stock of it. The world is coming to an end!

Also made mental note of other books I want to buy/read soon. See the updated Book Lust post.

And of course, buying new books is almost always like finding new & interesting people to talk to - sometimes they end up becoming friends and you read them more than once, just like you'd talk to someone you liked.


^ finally!
* learnt about this book, quite oddly from the movie by the same name which was on Emirates when I flew to the US in June. I am always on the lookout for books in languages other than English (translates, of course!) and this is perhaps the only 2nd book I have bought, whose original and the translated versions have been wild successes in Europe


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home