Friday, July 06, 2012

Landmark Sale 2012

As in the last few years, the quality of the books at the Landmark sale has been atrociously poor. They have resorted to putting exam/guide books on the Rs. 49 table. WTF?!

Despite that, I barely tried to control myself while picking up the following
The Epic of Gilgamesh (translated by KA Sandars)
Tales from the City by Armistead Maupin (the first book in the series)
The Amazing Maurice and his educated rodents by Terry Pratchett

I guess I will go back to the sale after a few days considering stocks keep getting replenished with newer books, but I have lowered expectations since I know that both Delisle and Sacco (apparently at last year's sale) are not on this year's sale :(

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger J Ramanand said...

Agreed. It's just a empty-the-godowns sale.

Coincidentally, I started Amazing Maurice. Got it from Tender Leaves ;-)

7/07/2012 5:54 AM  
Blogger D said...

R-man or should I call you Q-man? ;)
Only tragedy is that I may not get to read these books for a while given my poor record this year and generally poor performance on book-reading vs book-buying.

I did see your retirement algorithm. I don't think I need more than 2-3 years to knock off my collection of unread books! That is terrifying in itself. My "book-savings" should be at least 10-15 years no?

7/10/2012 7:15 AM  
Blogger J Ramanand said...

2-3 years - that's all? Then you might polish off mine in a month :(

In some ways, that's good - once you've taken a mini-retirement for 2-3 yrs, work for a while for 2-3, rinse and repeat.

You can just call me The Man ;-)

7/17/2012 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home