Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Joy of quizzing in Bangalore

This could have been titled as the joy of quizzing as well, but there is something about quizzing in Bangalore. For one, you get free coffee ;)
But seriously, the fun of quizzing is derived from the fact that the quizmaster has great fun setting the questions, the teams out there are all out there spending the best part of their weekends generally chilling out and having fun racking their brains (a la the Spiderman style) and getting some book coupons when they win. And there are super-enthu guys like Anil R, who come all the way from another state just to subscribe to their interests.

Last Sunday witnessed two fine quizzes, the 1st one being the better one (of course, I am prejudiced, but the 2nd one was a little more esoteric in my opinion, which comes from setting questions you know a lot about). Everyone who was lucky enough to be in it, was laughing their heart out, at some point in the quiz or the other - not to forget one set of questions on Sesadhri Library, Kumara Park and whatever else was related to Seshadri! Since Arul set a rule that only COMPLETE answers get any points, there were such comic attempts to get a combination of the answers of other teams to get to the right answer.

The 1st quiz was also in memory of WingCo and hence I did not want to miss it. That also meant that I saw my parents just once on Sunday. Surprisingly my mom did not crib about me not being at home! Either she has finally given up or she had a bout of "encourage the kid's hobbies" hitting her before she knew it! And by the way, I got to team up with the MetaQuizziks for the 1st time in about 13 yrs of quizzing! Yippie :)

2 Comments:

Blogger D said...

yes we are!
our ntk admin has disabled google talk thru the browser:(

our brain is yet to figure out an alternative. all messengers are disbaled from long ago. any ideas? mail me instead till then.

'the assistant to hanzo' who cribs over doing menial jobs, while hanzo gets to chat woman up'

3/15/2006 7:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, I'm a radio producer making programmes for the BBC in the UK. I am travelling to Bangalore in November to record interviews for a programme about quizzing in India. I'm currently looking for people who have a serious interst in quizzing that would be free to speak to me between the 13th and the 17th November. Would it be possible to email you more information about this programme?
If so please respond to jo.meek@allout.co.uk.

Many thanks!

10/17/2006 6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home