Sunday, April 30, 2006

Somajiguda to Hussain Sagar

Woke up at 5:30 am, put on shoes and was off running to Hussain Sagar for my weekly run. Had not run on Sat and hence was keen to do atleast 10 km for the long run. On the bridge after the circle, met some kids, one of whom was hurt and had scraped his knee. One of the girls in the group asked for my water bottle to wash the guy's wounds and the kid did so. After this brief stop, carried on. Reached Hussain Sagar in abt 11.5 mins from the hotel.

Began a repeat of my experience last year to lap the lake. The sun came up so quickly that, by the time I came up to the last arc of my lap, I was sounding pretty much like the transcript of the Monte Carlo Open final between Rafael Nadal & Gaston Gaudio. However did finish the lap, despite almost running into some roller skaters, whose families had blocked off one section of the road for the kids, with their cars.

Feel pretty fit now, but not as relaxed as I would like to. Guess I need to wait for another month and a half before I see the effect of the gym.

2 Comments:

Blogger Blue Viking said...

Great going Dhammo. You inspire me to get up from the couch and run. It finally warmed up in Minneapolis and I went running out for the first time this year. Did 5 km and felt pretty good. I am signing up for a 10 km and half marathon later on.

5/01/2006 8:11 PM  
Blogger D said...

Good boy. Keep Running.

5/01/2006 9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home