Saturday, June 17, 2006

Plundering & Blundering on Saturday

Had 3 book coupons for Crossword, thanks to HSBC, thanks to inordinate amount of use of credit card!

Went there for what I thought would be a 10 min snap purchase of some books I have long thought of. Instead ended up bumbling around and mumbling to myself, along the shelves till some woman thought I was stalking her and then gave me the looks to make vinegar turn sweet!

Finally my mom called and I had promised to pick her up. Shit! Then began the Mr. Bean routine of looking right, left, centre, up and then dropping all books in hand, apologizing to everyone around and then finally starting off on all racks again!

Anyone who has seen Rowan Atkinson transfixed at various times when he makes a net movement in no direction, when he has to make some decision and can only move a little in each direction before retracting his step can get some idea of what I went through!

I bought (phew!) - A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson, Tarkash (Quiver) - a collection of poems by Javed Akhtar (yeah, yeah! this is our 2nd Indian poetry book in nearly as many weeks) and some magazines to bring up the total!

Now to start reading!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home