Sunday, June 11, 2006

Yo ho ho and a bottle of Secunderabad 200 year 5K RUM!

well that's what my certificate says!

Well it does not have the longjohn extract, but it says that I have participated in the S'bad 5K RUM!

There was a 5K run (There's some calibration problem with runs in Hyd. The Hyd half marathon was not 21K. This race was definitely not 5K.)I took abt 22 mins. I am not that fast yet! I know.

Got to see some parts of S'Bad I would not have seen otherwise.

Run was terribly organized. There was a false start. This, after the race started half an hour late!Got a free tshirt and a cap. So that is about all I will crib about ;)

There were about a couple of thousand people. About a couple of hundred people ran on the false start and then after about 0.8 km came back! I was one of them! When I asked a race official whether the race had started, he just pointed at me and laughed! The idiot had no place to hide himself when I was fuming on my way back!

Finally, mega star flagged us off!

Two kids (both girls) finished ahead of me. An old man finished ahead of me. I caught up with him twice during the race. But he kept a steady pace - faster than mine. When I finally met him after the race and asked him whether he had been an athlete before, he replied that he was still an athlete!!!!!

Am now planning on the Delhi Half Marathon. Lets see

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home