Sunday, September 17, 2006

Bangalore Half Marathon 2006

1 hr 43 min.

About 3 mins more than I wanted and thought I should achieve even while I was at 16km. But then, like I wrote on an email to RFL, I will live. And hopefully run more races. So that shall be overhauled, maybe even next month.

Ran the 1st 15 km alone. Then Hari who finished about a km ahead, gave me company for abt 2 km, but I couldn't keep pace with him.

Had 2 bouts of stomach cramps.

The day was overshadowed by my car's front wheels landing in a ditch and hence the event of the day was that my car got out, thanks in large part due to Shagun (RFL) and some very helpful public. God bless India.

RFL rocked for the day with wholesome participation all round in every event.
My man from Bombay Marathon, Deepak finished the marathon in about 3 hrs 50 mins!!!
Arvind owes 2 coffees now.

And we have a cool new Dri-Fit RFL Tshirt. Do we rock?!

For all the general (and fairly warranted)skepticism about Cross Over's handling of the event, this year was a welcome relief for the half marathoners. We got certs of timing.

Life is lovely.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Blue Viking said...

Great going Dhammo. I had become lazy in the last 2-3 weeks. But after reading your latest entry I got inspired and ran for few miles. While running few weeks back I met Rudrav. He said he had recently completed a marathon and was preparing for the next one.

9/17/2006 8:06 PM  
Blogger autoinvestor said...

1:43. whoooow.

~sahu

9/18/2006 10:48 AM  
Blogger D said...

Thanks Singy, Tanvir and Amit.

One of the delights of the B'lore marathon this time was seeing some people whom I had prodded or inspired to start running...

Singy, so how much time did Rudrav do?

9/18/2006 12:09 PM  
Blogger Blue Viking said...

Dhammo, I am not sure. I will find out the next time I "run" into him. I do not have his phone # or email id.

9/27/2006 1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home