Sunday, October 15, 2006

Hutch Delhi Half Marathon 2006

1 hr 50 mins 43 secs.
Very Hot day. (The capitalization in the previous sentence is intentional.)

I did my 1st 2 km in 8 mins. Realized that my race was cooked then itself. Did try slowing down and all the other stuff, but nothing helped in the end.

Bad Start since most people didn't even realize that the race had kicked off, when we started. Lost about 45 secs when I realized that the race was on, since I had crossed the starting line. There was no gun or I didn't hear one.

Although I had come in with hopes of 1:40, ended up 10 mins outside it, mostly due to bad planning and quite some trying heat.

A little disappointed since I had looked forward to doing well in my 1st race in Delhi. Not sure I will even come back next year.

But had great fun catching up with friends' and their families. And one of my bhabhis does not like bananas! Found out one of the uncles had clocked around 11 sec for 100 m in 1969!!! So I guess my weekend was made, especially since the uncle under question is mostly a sedate guy otherwise. Was quite a surprize to find this out.

Also got the customary goodies. So overall good fun...

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Badri said...

I hope your bandanna was seen by the media. Good show... i'm just realizing that long-distance running can be for worthy causes too :)

10/15/2006 11:38 PM  
Blogger D said...

Thanks S&D. Will keep running and trying harder.
Badri man, Thanks to you too. What else did you runnng was for? ;)

10/16/2006 8:35 PM  
Blogger flaashgordon said...

Hi man

Co-incidentially i was also around delhi the same time- am currently in Gurgaon on a project with Royal Bank of Scotland. Took an Agra trip with wife on the day of the marathon- left from India gate at 0630 around..

Had thot that u might b around :-)

cheers
naveen

10/16/2006 10:02 PM  
Blogger D said...

Navin,
Thanks. I am sorry, but I can't quite place you.

10/17/2006 12:07 PM  
Blogger flaashgordon said...

Well man..

We were together part of DNA team at IIMB Vista last year and once i narrowly beat you at BEQ for that Ford Ikon...

Now remembr??

:-))

naveen ..
(giles)

10/18/2006 12:52 AM  
Blogger khelnayak said...

Hey D, first off, thanks for the call the other day. Am really sorry couldnt talk to you much. You can understand my crazy schedule.

1 hr 40 mins in trying conditions is a good effort I feel. You are very right about the start. We had a tough time controlling the crowd for the HM start. One of the elite athletes was almost injured.

Hope your gang too had a good time. f/b is always welcome. :) And yeah...you were going to write to me in detail about the various ideas...we are giving a serious thought to special bibs for early registrations for mumbai marathon.

Hope to see you here too.

10/18/2006 4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home