Thursday, February 22, 2007

Times gone by

It will be 7 years since I finished engineering in about 2 months!

It would have been 7 years since I had gotten married if I had said yes to a proposal 8 years ago! My kid would have been in the 2nd standard if other things had followed suit.

It would have been half a decade of visiting my father-in-law’s coffee estate if I had assented to one of the other proposals similar to the above mentioned one. But I am still a willing visitor to www.happilyunmarried.com

It would have been 7 years of being in the US if I had accepted that sweet offer in New Jersey to program in Java and Cold Fusion. Would I then have begun running earlier? Would I have done a management degree still? Would I have met Thangam or Guru garu or Aby or Heman?

And I have been dreaming of running around the campus for the last two days. I used to walk around endlessly in those days. Reading Kelman and Amis is not sufficient distraction. Neither is the latest Economist talking about Bush or Frontline talking about Cauvery.

And yet I feel so excited to be on the verge of visiting campus after that rather tearful day in 2000.

4 Comments:

Blogger anantha said...

Oh. you guys leave campus in April?

2/22/2007 1:41 PM  
Blogger Anish said...

u've had an interesting life..havent u?

2/22/2007 6:49 PM  
Blogger D said...

Anti, we left campus 1st week of May.

Anish, c'est la vie.

2/24/2007 8:59 AM  
Blogger dya said...

Hey D,
Came visiting after a while.I love "What if" questions which have "idyllic life" answers...makes the decisions to reject seem so much harder and painful than these actually were:)?

3/05/2007 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home