Monday, November 19, 2007

Cauvery Trail Marathon

Ran my first marathon in a little over 6 months yesterday.

Finished in 4 hours 5 mins 29 secs. Was targeting a sub 4 finish.

Made the mistake of being ambitious and trying to run at less than 9 min/mile. Paid the price about 6 kms from finish when a niggle in my left knee turned out to be a full blown pain in the leg and eventually a pulled hamstring.

To add misery to my humiliation of walking, I ended up puking all that I ingested during the race, a little after I finished.

Had trained for over 3 months now for the ultra in Dec, for which this was my longest run. Obviously I am not pulling this stunt again.

And like I have said before on this blog, I am alive and that matters.

Day began quite well with my driving upto Ranganthittu, the famous bird sanctuary from Bangalore. Made it in 90 mins from home since there was no traffic. After the race and a nice lunch, made it back in 120 mins. Also attended a quiz to add to the merriment of the day. My team qualified for the finals as well, much to my surprise.

So not a bad day’s work. Huge thanks to all folks at RFL for a fantastic day's work

Update: Now have the actual time

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger manoj said...

Congrats on winning the Quiz!! And next time tell me how to keep the cramps at bay!

11/20/2007 2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home