Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Why I am like a Poorly Produced report now...

Last Sunday I ran 31 km as part of my training for the Mumbai Marathon on Jan 18th. Late Sunday eve, I developed severe stomach pain and got operated upon subsequently for appendicitis on Monday. I just got home earlier today. Now, I am grounded for about a month or so.

Just like some readers of this blog, I had already made my contribution to Parivaar
since I didn't foresee this setback. I trust that most of you who had planned to contribute may still do so. I just felt that I should let my readers know since so many of you had supported Parivaar with my run. I expect to be able recover to run a marathon sometime early next year. I will keep you posted.

I am quite sad that I will miss Mumbai for the 1st time in 5 years. I am sad mostly since this also means that my plans for Boston in 2010 need a relook since I don't expect to start serious running till about Feb. I did consider walking the race since I can do 6-7 kmph with little trouble, but the risk to the abdomen exists precisely due to the strain due to the distance.

The only upsides are that I will exceed my reading quota from 2006 and 2007 over the next few days since I am mostly confined indoors. I also managed to finish reading Warren Buffett's excellent biography "The Snowball" while I was in hospital, y'day and the day before.

Curiously the surgeon said my appendix was as strong as I was, since he got to see some of my muscles. So hopefully I will get better and stronger from now on, since this niggle in the abdomen was what held me back for the last year.

And btw, the title refers to the fact that I am missing my appendix now

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger manoj said...

eagerly waiting for the day when after running for 30k (or shud i say 18.7miles) i look over my shoulder and see breeze by..
cheerz.. get well soon

12/17/2008 2:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home