Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Hard Times: At a bookshop

Serious Men by Manu Joseph
A Shot at History (Abhinav Bindra with Rohit Brijnath)
Flow by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

were all bought at Landmark today out of credit card points. That brings me to my present situation alluded to, in the title of this blog post.

Although the first book above was on some silly "buy 1 and get the 2nd at half price" offer, I never found any of the other books under the same offer enticing enough to spend a couple of hundred rupees more. In my earlier avatar when I would spend hard earned money on books each month, I probably would not have minded as much. Now that cash is a serious constraint, I am forced to be doubly diligent.

Landmark at Forum Mall is getting to be worse, with less space for books than before, although that might change if they add more space for books once their revamp is complete.

They didn't have any of about half a dozen books which I would have bought in place of the Manu Joseph. Further due to my lookup exercise, I also discovered that some real good books were at the sale but are now back to being at original price.

Petty thinking no? Shouldn't they perhaps send them to their online entity and dispose them at sale price. I would gladly buy each of the 5-6 books I checked. Joe Sacco, Guy DeLisle, Simon Winchester and several others were among the ones which were apparently on sale :(

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home