Sunday, June 17, 2012

Grandma's Marathon 2012-race summary

Missed my target for a Boston Qualification.
Was hoping to run 3:07-3:08 with the first 20 miles in 2:21 and then 45 mins for the last 10k. Started out all right at 7 min/mile till mile 17. Then the early warm weather and nearly 90% humidity burned me with little warning. Ended up running the first 20 miles in 2:23 and the last 10k in 57 min, finishing in 3:20:00
See detailed results here.*

Expensive education!

I may post a detailed race report sometime in the future.

*Look for bib no 1386 if the link doesn't work.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Tough luck with the conditions. Don't be too hard on yourself, though! I looked at a random selection of finishers and noticed that most people seemed to have found the second half tougher going.

6/17/2012 10:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oops; that was Hari.

6/17/2012 10:33 PM  
Blogger comfortably numb said...

Dear Dharmendra,

I know you as a great friend and as someone I look up to. Please don't get me wrong and I hope not to sound patronizing!

You are a wonderful person and I sincerely believe your running has never been about what 'time' you make it under. As far as I am concerned, it has always been about how much joy and happiness it created for you and so many friends around you - So, with this run, you have still made so many souls happy and inspired! Thanks for being the determined and wonderful soul you are!

Please don't kill yourself for who you can be :) - We all know and you too know...it is a matter of time..it is best done without anyone's knowledge (including yourself ;) )

Thanks for all the inspiration!

Thanks,
Santhosh.

6/18/2012 10:23 AM  
Blogger Vaishnavi Tekumalla said...

Super proud of you! And, as always, you continue to inspire the rest of us! Attack it, Dhammoman! :)

6/18/2012 1:50 PM  
Blogger D said...

Apercevoir, Santhosh,
Thank you for the encouragement.
More in person :)

6/19/2012 4:35 PM  
Blogger manoj said...

Hi D,
It is a crime to mention any "time" after reading Santhosh's comment above.
3:20 is still a great finish time. Can I join you while you work on how-to-improve-last 10k-performance? I invariably see 2 twin-towers in my 5k split charts in all my marathons!

6/20/2012 4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home