Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Augie March madness & other new book goodness

I was listening to Martin Amis talk about Saul Bellow and his book "The Adventures of Augie March" on the KQED Forum podcast. Amis bestows high praise on the book, which is incidentally the blurb on the cover. Incidentally the book has been praised by both Hitchens and Rushdie. Hitchens has written the introduction to the edition I just bought.

And I was just checking out my Twitter TL, when the linker-dude (aka Prem Panicker who just kills you everyday with some awesome links) posted a link to an article by Rushdie from 1990, which ends with the same quote from Augie March that Hitchens uses in the preface!

What a series of coincidences!

I also bought

Into The Looking Glass Wood by Alberto Manguel
The File by Timothy Garton Ash

all from Blossoms, thanks to some coupons won during Persiflage, KQA's annual books quiz. Of course, some money which is yet to be earned was also spent as I was unable to control myself from buying books with money I didn't have :(

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home