Sunday, April 17, 2005

Ceasefire

This weekend, I saw two fine movies – The Motorcycle Diaries (TMD) and Sideways. Perhaps Sideways affected me more than TMD did, while the latter is a powerful movie, nonetheless.

I have decided to take a self-imposed break from blogging, atleast till the Bangalore marathon (when I should post details of my run), even after which I should be on a break from blogging, atleast at the frequency I do it.

By the way, Virginia Madsen as Maya in Sideways is now the latest addition to my “crush on fictional character” list.

Sideways prompted a reflection on my own life – one of the outcomes being the realization that my energy is currently best spent elsewhere. This is something that I have experienced a few times in life, some sort of self realization that I need to be doing something I am not doing currently or spending enough time on and also that I shouldn’t spending as much time (as I am spending) on something. I picked up running in the same way in college, when I decided that I would rather be running than playing football as I seemed to be getting better at running and wasn’t enjoying football every time I played it. And I still love football (although my involvement is limited to watching it). And I have enjoyed running everytime I do it. So I guess I am out discovering something that will give me a high everytime.

I guess this is something that happens to all of us – atleast once in life.

Abientot.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both movies are highly overrated, and as our pseudo-intellectual friend Mr Dharmendra happens to have no original views of his own, he has been quick to plagiarise from the most common sources and use these "borrowed" words to shower praise on mediocrity.

4/21/2005 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home