Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Parivaar

I was at odds on whether to title the blog as Vinayak ka Parivaar as NDTV called it. Then knowing the guy, I thought that the best way to pay tribute to him was to just talk about his work.

Vinayak was a colleague of mine, while I was at Infy. We left at around the same time to join the IIMs - he joined IIMC and I joined IIML. He is from IIT KGP.

In the days that we were in touch, he used to be a quite a brooder, even on the bus that we used to take to attend the CAT prep tests in the evenings and was forever ready to discuss Indian philosophy. And he used to ravage the tests always!

Anyways, I am writing to draw attention to his organization - Parivaar, which works with "homeless" and "family-less" kids and tries to make a difference to their lives. People interested in contributing to his effort, please check out www.parivaar.org and follow the links there. Alternatively, Click here to contribute

I hadn't spoken to him in about 3 years, since I last visited IIMC. Just finished speaking to him and caught up a bit on his life since our last meeting. Must visit him when I do visit Calcutta. whenever that happens.

I am really proud that someone I know has accomplished something I have massive respect for.

Cheers to Vinayak. May God bless his Parivaar.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vikram said...

Check out...
http://www.jambav.com/

5/13/2005 2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home