Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Running Demon

After quite some effort at running 10 km consistently below an hr, I finally found my rhythm on Sunday and came 5th in a 10 km race by RFL in 52 mins 37 secs (Last Sunday I had done 12 km in a road race in 1 hr 4 mins). As I told someone, I have exorcised (exercised :) ) my running demon! Hope I can extend it to Mumbai. News is that the Mumbai Marathon the next year is on the 2nd Sunday of January – 14th Jan 2006.

Had a great weekend. Saw Master and Commander. It was long over due. Saw Michael Schumacher return to some form and the podium. Saw Ferrari get some constructor’s points. Saw Top Drive on BBC after a long time and a magnificent car – the new Merc CLS in action. Also saw a funny but daring contest between a Land Rover and a tank in Salisbury as part of the show!

Went thru a rather humbling experience in KQA’s annual solo quiz across 5 cities. Scored miserably on 150 questions. The winner scored 60.

Bought the entire Rabbit series by John Updike for about Rs 300! I love Bangalore.

When you wake up at 5 am to run on a Sunday, you must be crazy or me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home