Tuesday, March 14, 2006

RFL completes a year

My club RFL completed a year recently. We had our 13th race around Ulsoor Lake for 5 laps of 3.3 km plus a 100 m extra for a race of 16.6 km. Sadly due to the quizzes mentioned in the previous lap, I had to miss the breakfast treat from RFL. The run ended around 8:15 and I had to go home, clean up, rush to Malleshwaram for the 1st quiz at Canara Union and then the 2nd at Daly Hall. Too much to do, too little time!

I came 3rd in 1 hr 20 min and a few secs. Actually I could have come 2nd as the guy who beat me was ahead by about 20 secs and I saw him pass me by and did not realize that he was in the same lap :)

When I saw the time sheet and saw his name, I realized who he was and that he has a better record anyways at distances over 15 km and is more consistent with his lap times than I am. So coming 3rd is not so bad.

I also changed my running strategy this time, not running the fastest 1st lap and took 15 mins+ instead to conserve energy. Not that it helped so much since I did not have a partner for the later laps. Thomas did help me in the 3rd lap when I managed to complete 10 km in about 47 mins, my target for the peer-pressure group, but then running a lap is nowhere close to finishing the race.

By the next race, I expect to be fitter and stronger than I am currently and perhaps to better. Till then, keep running.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Karthikeyan (KK) said...

Hi Dharmendra,

Welcome to Chennai and You are invited to train with us at the chennai runners club. Join chennairunners@googlegroups.com !! This is the group Kiruba mentioned about in his blog! See you at the runs.

3/20/2006 5:51 AM  
Blogger D said...

Thanks Karthikeyan. Joined the group. Look forward to running with you guys sometime

3/22/2006 1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home