Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pain is inevitable, Suffering is optional...

So goes one of the several beautiful lines that dot the landscape that is "What I Talk About When I Talk About Running" by Haruki Murakami which came and hugged me today. I am solidly in love with the book and finished about 1/4th before I realized I had to go home also!
Expect to finish it over the coming long weekend and post about it. Like the author's epiphanous moment, I think this might be the moment when I might finally take the plunge to start the 1st of my several planned books.

Uncle Tungsten by Oliver Sacks also joined the book club. While the book above was bought mostly due to the fact that it details a somewhat ordinary man's transformation into a manic marathoner, this one was bought mostly due to the buzz around it and the author. More when I get around to reading it.

Of course the day ended on a splendid note, with my buying the above books at Premier and reading some of the 1st at Indian Coffee House

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home