Thursday, October 06, 2011

Landmark Sale - part deux

As planned, went again to the Landmark sale today and true to their advertisement, they had fresh stock. Picked the following
The Lives of a cell by Lewis Thomas (upon Ramesh's tip. Ramesh is a fine tipster as well as a fine tipper and in his words Lewis Thomas is like Jay Gould, only better)
Moon Tiger by Penelope Lively - thereby enriching my Booker collection
Brainiac by Ken Jennings (the trivia giant who famously occupied a seat on Jeopardy)
Mrs. Dalloway by Virgina Woolf - seen way too many references to the book to not pick it up & read it finally

Also stole my pal Prateek's A Chapter of Hats and other stories by Machado De Assis (which has Salman Rushdie raving about it on the cover). Prateek doesn't know this yet as I conned him into a fraudulent "buy and leaseback" scheme wherein he bought a book at my behest and lent it to me ;) Now it shall not go back to him....

As always, my thrill is mostly due to the fact that I spent only Rs. 51 on the first 4 books and none on the stolen one, thanks to credit card points :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home