Saturday, December 08, 2007

Seizing the Saturday

Frequently I am accused of writing mostly on running, reading or quizzing, all three fond loves. Considering that my life outside work is not enough to do much else, (not that I would want to do anything else currently,) that is mostly what I write about.

Occasionally, something nice outside the above trio comes my way and I do seize the moment. Yesterday, someone who is currently a coach of sorts to me, for running and other stuff, called up and asked whether I would want to sit in the corporate box to watch India play Pakistan. This has been my only other live cricket match experience, the other one having been a Kar vs TN Ranji fixture at the same venue more than a decade ago. So I eagerly assented and watched Yuvi and Dada, first rescue India and then punish Pakistan. There is a certain masculine delight in hearing the bat hit the ball and go thwack! Thanks Commander.

I also managed to see the movie Maqbool, y’day after almost few years of waiting to see it. Good watch. Really nice background score and my crush on Tabu continues to strengthen.

Finished reading another book in the week by Bryson. Now onto Keay.

And finally, I was a little sad to discover that I missed the selections for the Indian Scrabble team that is on in Bangalore from this morning and continues till t’row evening. Considering I read it only an hour before it closed for the day, I am not very unhappy, especially since a pleasant lady answered the phone when I called the club. And they being the nice people they are, they invited me to join them to just play in weekends or for other scrabble events in the future. Now I have another hobby to cultivate every Saturday evening. If you are also a scrabbler or even just a word-maniac, join the Scrabblers on Saturdays.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. D said...

any details you got to share about this scrabble thingie?

12/08/2007 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home