Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dark Night

When I was in engg., on one of my room walls, I had written down all the answers which cost me the winning of a quiz. There were only about 5 such items. Yeah, I was psychotic!

In the last few years, running had taken so much precedence that I had not given as much time or attention to quizzing. So winning/losing didn't matter. And besides, the latter is what happens mostly given the quality of quizzers, especially in Bangalore.

Today was one of those days when I went in with reasonable expectations for the Brand Equity Quiz 2009, Bangalore edition. I had a strong team mate and hence was hoping to make it to the finals. There is a golden rule in quizzing - First guess is usually right. I violated it, to our misery today.

Haven't been so upset with myself in quite a while. Reminded me of those days when I would come back fuming and sullen and scrawl on my wall.

Keep telling myself that these are not things that will change your life. Same as what they tell you about love - Tread carefully, Don't do this, Don't do that. And then you see the woman and your heart flips. Kambakt ishq!
Quizzing was still my 1st love.

Plan to run a fast 5 km atleast in the morning :) There is nothing a 7 min mile can't cure.
Update: Ran 9.7 km in 48 min. Am getting there. Come home, all is forgiven... ;)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hehe - the ootas curse strikes you as well :)

4/16/2009 6:58 AM  
Blogger Quizman said...

what was the q, what was your first guess, and what was your actual answer?

4/16/2009 2:23 PM  
Blogger D said...

something along the lines of "canara bank opened an exclusive branch for what in 2001?"

choices were women/disabled/retired ppl

we had written "women" correctly and then under a momentary lapse of reason, changed it to "disabled people"

4/16/2009 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home