Thursday, July 01, 2010

Arshad Ahmed RIP

Arshad was a senior of mine from engineering. He was a sharp brain and was really tall, dark and handsome. He taught me Z-transforms amongst other things. He also taught me some engineering mathematics. He was just a year older than I am. He had amazingly infectious laughter and was mostly laughing whenever we met. He was one of the few guys I kept in touch right through engineering and after, until 2008. I wanted to be like him and adored him.

He began running sometime in 2006, influenced by his girlfriend who was an athlete of sorts and we exchanged a lot of notes about typical issues one faces when one starts out. He had run a super fast 5K for a beginner and was planning a marathon sometime in life.

He died in a road accident in Apr 2008. His mom also died in the same accident (god bless her soul).

I found out today and haven't been able to rest for a moment since I found early in the morning when I met a batchmate after 10 years, at the airport. I feel miserable that it never struck me to find out why he had stopped emailing for nearly two years.

I cannot be sadder.

God bless his soul.

Why do such bright and cheerful people have to die so young?

Arshad, Wish you were here...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Dharmendra ,
Thanks so much for your kind words and thoughts on Arshad. He was , is still my star.He was my best friend and confidant and the best brother any sister could ever wish for.We are yet to understand any of this and still live in complete disbelief even after three years.
Thanks again and take care,
Shamshad ( Arshad 'sis )

4/20/2011 5:12 AM  
Blogger D said...

Thank you Ms. Shamshad. Arshad was a dear friend and I miss him dearly.
You can write to me at d.dharmendra@gmail.com

4/20/2011 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home