Sunday, June 22, 2014

Books time

Thanks to gifts from friends (more power to the benevolent billionaires!) and some credit card points (yes, I know it is the same old boring story the past few times, but you can't believe how much discipline it has enforced on getting some read while not loading up on too many new unread ones)
I added the following books to my collection

Atlantic by Simon Winchester
Dance Dance Dance by Haruki Murakami
The Elephant Vanishes by Haruki Murakami
A Wild Sheep Chase by Haruki Murakami
Running with the Mind of Meditation by Sakyong Mipham

The meditation+running book was a gift. I am curious about it since I have been considering meditation for a while. Added incentive is that the author qualified for and ran the Boston Marathon in the last decade. I had my eye on the Winchester book for a while and even dropped one version I found in a sale in Palo Alto since I couldn't carry too much on my trip back from the US. Infibeam allows me to buy using my credit card points while Flipkart from whom I have bought more, still doesn't. As for the Murakamis, I bought them all under a 3for2 offer. And as my good friend P says, when you buy Murakami you don't need to worry about which one. The 3 I did buy join some more works by Murakami that I already have. I shall also save up a rant on Landmark book store for a separate post. These are also rare fiction purchases for me as I have tended to buy more non-fiction works in recent times. All in all, nice bibliotherapy for the weekend. Amongst other decision drivers, the back cover of one of the Murakamis said, "...When a man's favourite elephant vanishes..." How can one not buy such a book?!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home