Sunday, July 04, 2010

Mileage Log, Assorted Grouses...

6 miles on Sat in 51 min
6 miles on Sun in 49:10 min

Started out slower (a deliberate 7 min or so) on Sat and lost momentum in mid laps and could never turn in a sub 6 min after 2nd lap for the lap of 1.2 km (Shivaji Park).

Started out much faster on Sun (and I thought I was going slow - 6:07) for first lap. Managed to do 2nd in 5:53, but then lost pace again. I think I am losing strength again as I am unable to accelerate. Of course, the complete lack of leg strengthening is not exactly a plus.

Was planning a 30 km to beat the grief out of my system after my boys from Argentina lost on Sat. Ended up being so depressed that I indulged in self-flagellation (atleast what I think is a bachelor's equivalent - washing clothes). Then watched Spain win. So woke up too late to even step out. Ran in the eve.

I have run in the eve on just 2 Sun in 2010 so far. So it is weird.

Some guy who lapped me during my last lap on Sat and finished about 30 sec ahead asked me how many I was doing? Egomaniac?

Now that I have left my old NB at home in BLR, all mileage logged will be using the newer NB.

Missed friend's wedding 2 Sundays ago and hence haven't managed to get my new pairs of shoes.

And the monsoon is f* up my clothes with fungus and the roof is leaking!

I think Diego didn't plan for the Germany match - Unlike a lot of people, I think Mascherano was off colour during the entire world cup. Also 4-3-1-2 left little choice when Masherano/Messi got blocked just like it did. There were no attacks along 1 flank.

Instead we could have brought in Riquelme or even Aimar. Both Aguerro and Pastore didn't get enough time. To be fair, Diego perhaps didn't want people to think Aguerro was getting favoured. And I think it would have been fine to let Messi not play for full matches. Atleast the opposition would have been confused about whom to mark.

Anyways, boo hoo for now. Woo hoo for later.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home